Taking my own advice

You'll notice I've revamped the design of this blog. I wanted to improve readability, and while the white text-on-black looked cool, those long rivers of san serif text bothered my eyes.

Readability is the key here. A local company briefly flirted with a design aesthetic they called "black fade." This looked good in some collateral, but when it migrated to the LCD screens of its products, it was like viewing information through a $3 telescope.

It appealed to younger demographics, for a time. But editorial critics quickly re-christened it "fade to black." This collided with a financially bleak period for the company, and the departure of the marketing swami who pushed it forward.

Black fade is no more. Happy Reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Questioning the New York (Times) Athletic Club

Readers get the (drive) shaft in motorsports coverage

Your hand's already in my pocket