And a little Crimea on the side, please

I'm not a political science whiz, nor am I an expert in geopolitics. My maternal grandparents emigrated from Russia before they met in the U.S. That's it.

So I can't pretend to have any ethnic knowledge of the issues embroiling Ukraine, Crimea, and Russia.

But from a PR perspective, I ask:

  • Did Mr. Putin really believe a couple of weeks of glowing TV coverage of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi would erase any notion of him as a control-hungry leader? 
  • Is there no one in Moscow who can teach him to scowl less often? 
  • And does the sight of Russian armored vehicles say anything besides "war," rather than "defending our people in Ukraine?"

We should all know better.


Popular posts from this blog

Questioning the New York (Times) Athletic Club

Readers get the (drive) shaft in motorsports coverage

Your hand's already in my pocket